Open Burning Periods
At the request of the State Forester and the State of Utah, the Fall Open Burn window has changed and will begin October 1, 2019. Please plan accordingly.The open burn period for Roy City and the lower valley of Weber County is March 30th through May 30th and October 1st through October 30th. This time frame is determined by the Weber County Fire Marshall located within the Weber Fire District.
Open Burn PermitsRoy City Fire will no longer be issuing Open Burn Permits, as the state of Utah rules have changed. The Division of Air Quality (DAQ) has completed a new program for the new open burn permit application.
The rules now require any person wanting to open burn during the spring ahttps://www.weather.gov/slc/ClearingIndexnd fall open burn windows to complete an open burn permit application on the Division of Air Quality website prior to burning or call the DAQ at 801-536-4000.
- Materials that may be burned are of natural growth only, such as leaves, dry grass and tree trimmings.
- No trash or dimensional lumber is allowed.
- You must obtain a burn permit before you conduct any burning.
- The permit is good for three days if the clearing index is greater than 500.
- If you plan to burn for more than three days, a new permit is required.
- There is no cost for a permit, however burning without a permit can result in significant fine.
Obtaining Burn Permits
- To obtain a permit, please:
- Log on to the Utah Air Quality Division Burn Permit Application Website
- Complete the required fields
- Once complete, there is no need to contact the Fire Department. Our Fire Marshall will automatically receive an email that a permit has been submitted.