Welcome to February! The month dedicated to affection & kindness, and the example & heritage of two landmark Presidents, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.
Acts of service and kindness are widespread in our community. Last week I observed a couple filling one of our city giving boxes—Thank you.
The Arts Council is expanding events.
- Poetry contest for Junior high and High school students March 9th.
- The Theme is “Let’s Celebrate Together”. Put your creative thinking caps on.
- After a successful 3 concert series last year, the ‘Concerts in the Park’ series will be expanded to 6 performances this summer. Watch for dates and time.
- There will be a committee evaluating on-street trailer parking. Share your thoughts with an email to email@example.com.
- An RFP has been sent out to replace the boiler at The Complex. Our fundraising is moving forward—Thank you to our many donors. Let us know if you have fundraising ideas or connections.
- City Council members have new committee assignments:
- Mayor—Beautification, Economic Development, WACOG, WFRC, Chamber of Commerce & a lot more
- Diane Wilson—Roy Days, Economic Development, Public Works Liaison
- Ann Jackson—Beautification, Financial Audit, Mosquito Abatement, Fire Dept. Liaison
- Joe Paul—Economic Development, Sewer Board, Parks & Rec Liaison
- Sophie Paul—Boys & Girls Club, Arts Council, Roy Days, Admin Dept. Liaison
- Randy Scadden—Financial Audit, Police Dept. Liaison
As we individually work towards an impactful year, consider President Abraham Lincoln’s suggestion to “Be sure to put your feet in the right place, then stand firm” and President Washington’s motto, “Deeds, not Words”.
Thanks for your many good deeds!
Roy City Council