The Administrative Office is located in the Municipal Building at 5051 South 1900 West. It is composed of the Mayor, City Council, City Manager, City Attorney, City Recorder, City Prosecutor and Information Technology.
Citizens are welcome to review the City Code, Minutes of the City Council meetings and talk to City Officials about current or upcoming issues. Citizens are always welcome to attend public meetings. The agendas for upcoming meetings are posted at the City Offices on the Friday prior to the meeting. In addition, agendas are posted on the State of Utah web site at utah.gov. Public hearings are listed in the legal section of the Standard Examiner and a public notice is posted at the City Offices.
Responsibilities of the Roy City Recorder include:
- Administrative Assistant to the Mayor, City Manager, and City Attorney
- Records management
- Maintain ordinances and resolutions adopted by the City Council
- Maintain historical documents and records of the City
- Contract management
- Coordinate City elections
- Prepare City Council agendas and packets
- Prepare City Council minutes of meetings
- Web Page updates
- Coordinate volunteers
- Prepare bi-monthly newsletter